Val Villarin is a fairy godmother

We've always trusted in Val's expertise since the day we booked his services.

My first trial makeup
He did my hair and make up twice before the wedding. One during our video prenup shoot, another one during our photo prenup shoot. I loved how I look especially in our prenup pictures. I echoed to Val my fiance's feedback though about having too much make up on our first try.

My second trial make up was done with airbrush and was much lighter. Mike found it much better than the first one.


My second trial makeup


Our transactions with Val had always been worry-free. I would call several weeks prior to the schedule, and then remind him a day before about it. I think he could do better with following up the customer a day before their schedule, specially during trial make ups for prenup shoots. He called 4 or 5 days prior to our wedding day to confirm our final headcount.

On our wedding day, he and his two other hair and makeup artist came the earliest! That was 8:30am and I had just finished taking a bath! I asked him to wait for a bit as I ate breakfast. The team rolled after that.

We confirmed to book a total of 11 people including myself and the groom for the makeup. But the number increased to 13 during the day. Everyone was done with their makeup by around 1pm, just in time for the groom's family's portrait-taking.

Val Villarin in action
Photo by R.A.W.

Val Villarin in action
Photo by R.A.W.

I'm glad that Val worked so professionally. It was almost lunch time and he and the crew still insisted on finishing their work instead of having lunch.

What probably could be better was the quality of the makeup of the last few persons to get their service. I couldn't really blame Val for finishing our PS' makeup in quite a hurry, after all, I think he allotted just the right number of artists to work with the booked headcount.

Verdict: Val Villarin and his team completely met our expectations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M's LASIK Experience

Two Years Ago and Now

Yes we are!