M+M Ceremony & Reception Music by Muzzique Vox

Hiring musicians for our wedding was last among our priorities. When Mike shared his thoughts that he would want to hear violin playing while we're having our first dance, we decided to go for it.



A few weeks before our wedding, when Al Espina of Juan Carlo suggested Muzziqe Vox who often plays at Fernbrook Garden weddings, we got in touch with Iggy Rey, the band's manager. There isn't a lot of feedback about the band over the Internet or at Weddings at Work (W@W), but we booked them, without looking for at other options. It was a good thing that they waived their out-of-town fee given that our wedding is in Talisay, Batangas.

I was happy to know that they agreed to play the songs we requested that were not part of their repertoire. Muzziqe Vox plays mostly jazz, bossa nova and acoustic music. I requested for them to play the following (emphasis on songs not part of their repertoire):

Ceremony Music
The Entourage - Canon in D
Entrance of Bride - Somewhere over the Rainbow by IZ Kamakamiwo'ole
Sand Mixing Ceremony  - I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Signing of Contract & Picture Taking
        Is This Love by Bob Marley
Lost in Space by Lighthouse Family (YouTube cover)
What a Wonderful World
        Isn't She Lovely
Recessional - Better Together by Jack Johnson

Reception Music
Entrance of Couple - (sound system)
Cake Cutting - At The Beginning
First Dance - Amazed by Lonestar
Dinner Proper
  Love Moves in Mysterious Ways
Angel by Fra Lippo Lippi
Light and Shade by Fra Lippo Lippi (YouTube cover)
Angel of Mine
Grow Old With You
Fly Me To The Moon 
As Time Goes By
Girl From Ipanema
Baby Now That I Found You
Every Time I Close My Eyes
Knocks Me Off My Feet

Come our wedding day, I couldn't help but share this to my W@W group, I was teary eyed when I walked down the aisle listening to Over the Rainbow sang by the lady with a golden voice. During the reception, I was very happy to hear them play Light and Shade. We were thinking at first of getting another instrumentalist (violin) but the flute during our reception was melodic enough to fill in.

A lot of our guests appreciated the good music at our reception. One was even surprised learning how much we paid them.

One thing noticed by my groom though that they all looked like Stevie Wonder, with their getup, wearing shades, etc. Haha.

Verdict: Muzzique Vox was a very pleasant surprise for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Years Ago and Now

M's LASIK Experience

Aljoe Mix Lights and Sounds