M+M plus Mitch Desunia Haute Couture

If only the end could justify the means, I could have told you that Mitch Desunia exceedingly satisfied my expectations.

I wanted a simple gown for a beach wedding. I got exactly what I wanted! Simple and flowy and yet will complement my shape. I felt like it was really for me. It made me feel like I am the bride!

My sisters loved their gowns as well. My bridesmaids and flower girls were very pretty in their gowns!


Bridesmaid gowns by Mitch Desunia
Flowers by Vatel Manila

       
With our flower girls
Gowns and suit by Mitch Desunia
Flowers by Vatel Manila
We trusted Mitch from the very beginning. We got his services for us and our entourage members at a promo price (August Major Major promo). We never thought that getting gowns at a lower price will  cost us the quality of his work. That indeed never happened.

We had a smooth start, I was able to fit my lining at the right schedule. Most of our entourage members were able to have their measurements on time. We gave our periodic down payments. And they gave us the schedule of the entourage's 1st fitting (and bride's 2nd).

This is the point I think where all the headaches began to get us. When we booked Mitch, she had 3 shops - 1 in Las Pinas, Cavite and Boni (Pioneer). We later learned that Pioneer branch is no longer open (as this is a residential condo). We were informed a day before our fitting schedule that the gowns are housed in their Shaw branch! I specifically asked for fitting at the Las Pinas branch with due consideration for my entourage members coming from Cavite, Batangas and Laguna.

We sorted out the schedule, some of the gowns were transferred to Las Pinas and the others remained in Shaw. This minimal glitch we can forgive. But I'd rather enumerate than describe every detail in long sentences.
  • The mom's gowns were not yet even started during the 1st fitting, scheduled 1 month before the wedding). There were no linings at all. (This turned out good though because I was able to change the color of the fabrics.)
  • One week prior to the scheduled delivery date (2 weeks before the wedding), they re-made all 3 bridesmaid and 6 flower girl gowns because the designs by Mitch were not followed!
  • The bride and groom's final fitting schedule was moved 3 times! I can no longer bear the stress that I cried. It was a wake up call for everyone in the shop I guess.
To make the long story short, the circumstances dealing with Mitch Desunia Haute Couture was definitely the most stressful ordeal during our preps! I didn't want to blame anybody. But definitely a lesson is to be drawn out from it.

My maid-of-honor
Gown by Mitch Desunia
Bouquet by Vatel Manila
For the future Mitch Desunia brides and couples, patience and persistence is the key :-)


Moi wearing a Mitch Desunia creation
Bridal gown and umbrella by Mitch Desunia
Photo by R.A.W

Suit by Mitch Desunia
Photo by R.A.W.


Verdict: We had a beautiful wedding with beautiful people and Mitch was undoubtedly part of it. Mitch is a very nice person, her designs are extraordinary but she needs to improve the structure of her organization so as not to confuse her customers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Years Ago and Now

M's LASIK Experience

Aljoe Mix Lights and Sounds